Our veterinary staff are ready 24 hours 7 days every week to attend emergencies. Please telephone us on 01638 600120 before arriving with an emergency case.
Examples: quick and crucial interventions out of hours at our practice
Your call will be re-directed to one of our own on-call veterinary surgeons will do their best to help. Our out-of-hours work is always handled by our own staff at our own premises!
At nights and weekends when an unexpected, frightening or distressing emergency happens, your re-directed call reaches the vets at their home or on the mobile and shortens the response time in many a crucial case. The vet may give advice on the spot or may require to see your pet at the surgery. Your pet may be admitted for further treatment at the surgery or referred to a specialist practice. If it can wait until the surgery reopens ring your pet will be seen the next working day from 9am.
- Out of hours Call-outs cost more than an ordinary consultation by appointment.
- We follow the RCVS guidance on the provision of out of hours care.
- Payment for the service has to be made at the time or by a mutually acceptable arrangement such as insurance.
- If money is a problem there are local practices nearby which operate a night service where you do not have to be registered.
- If you receive Housing Benefit you can register with the RSPCA Clinic in Cambridge and receive Emergency care from them after hours with little or no payment.
More on Emergency and Out-of-hours Care
- After 7PM on weekdays and after 1PM on Saturdays the surgery is closed but on-call service operates, manned by our own vets, as always.
- There is an additional Call-out charge which varies from £90-£120 depending on the time, weekend or public holiday.
- If you prefer, you can bring your pet to our surgery at 9am the next working day.
How and when can your pet be seen by the vet?
- Even when the surgery is closed to the public we continue to monitor our in-patients as necessary.
- Overnight and urgent cases continue to be seen at 9am without appointment and emergencies at any time throughout the day.
- For less urgent cases or at the decision of the vet an emergency appointment can be made for the next day’s available slot.
- All efforts will be made to try to accommodate your needs, e.g. seeing the same vet as before, a different one, a lady vet or a specialist where possible.
Please ring 01638 560000 for information