Members of our veterinary staff are available 24h/7days for emergencies. However, you should always telephone the practice before arriving with an emergency case.
Out of hours, you should contact our 24-hour Emergency Line: 01638 600 120. Calls to the practice number will be re-directed to this number. One of our own on-call veterinary surgeons will answer your call.
Our out-of-hours emergencies are always handled by our own staff.
At night and weekends when the surgery is closed, when an unexpected, frightening or distressing emergency happens – just ring 01638 600120 and you would get assistance. We see our own clients at our surgery and we do not send you to an unknown clinics. It could not be simpler – your re-directed call reaches the vets at their home or on the mobile and shortens the response time in many a crucial case. The vet may give advice on the spot or may require to see your pet at the surgery. Your pet may be admitted for further treatment at the surgery or referred to a specialist practice. If it can wait until the surgery reopens ring your pet will be seen the next working day from 9am.
- Please note that out of hours Call-outs cost more than an ordinary consultation by appointment.
- We follow the RCVS guidance on the provision of out of hours care.
- Payment for the service has to be made at the time or by a mutually acceptable arrangement such as insurance.
- If money is a problem there are local practices nearby which operate a night service where you do not have to be registered.
- If you receive Housing Benefit you can register with the RSPCA Clinic in Cambridge and receive Emergency care from them after hours with little or no payment.
More on Emergency and Out-of-hours Care
- After 7PM on weekdays and 1PM on Saturdays the surgery is closed.
- We continue to be on-call for emergencies and out-of-hours care and advice.
- This service is manned by our own vets, as always.
- There is an additional Call-out charge which varies from £60-£120 depending on the time, weekend or public holiday.
- If you prefer, you can bring your pet to our surgery at 9am the next working day.
How and when can your pet be seen by the vet?
- Even when the surgery is closed to the public we continue to monitor our in-patients as necessary.
- Overnight and urgent cases continue to be seen at 9am without appointment and emergencies at any time throughout the day.
- For less urgent cases or at the decision of the vet an emergency appointment can be made for the next day’s available slot.
- All efforts will be made to try to accommodate your needs, e.g. seeing the same vet as before, a different one, a lady vet or a specialist where possible.
Please ring 01638 560000 for information