We are four full-time vets and two part-time vets. We have six nurses of which three are RCVS registered, qualified veterinary nurses and two trainees. Helping organise it all are three dedicated receptionists and one accounts person dealing with booking appointments, phone inquiries, and accounts.
Principal: BVM & PhD MRCVS
- Qualified at Edinburgh University and stayed on as Medicine Houseman.
- PhD in Immunology at Cambridge University.
- Lectured at the Royal Veterinary College.
- Formed Lida Vets with Liz Lida in 1991
- Family complete with two children, four Jack Russells, two horses and many chickens
Veterinary Surgeon, MRCVS
- Eléonore is our new French-Canadian Vet.
- She studied in Edinburgh and Montreal and is fully fluent in English, French as well as Russian.
- She has an interest in internal medicine and imaging and is studying towards a higher certificate in Soft Tissues Surgery.
- She also practices veterinary acupuncture and in addition to her veterinary qualifications, she holds a degree in honeybee medicine and a Masters in conservation biology.
Veterinary Surgeon, MRCVS
- Carl graduated from Cambridge University in 2017.
- He enjoys rowing in his spare time and has competed in Barcelona and Vienna.
- Carl recently returned from volunteering in Morocco for a month - working horses and donkeys.
- Currently, he has no animals of his own (yet!) but is living alongside 2 cats and three horses!.
Clinical Director, MRCVS
- Ilan qualified from Budapest Veterinary School in 2005.
- He spent five years in general practice before joining us at Lida Vets in 2009.
- Experienced in soft tissue surgery.
- Ilan lives with his family and one cat, he enjoys spending time with his children.
Veterinary Clinician: Ang MRCVS
- Mabel graduated from Cambridge in 2012
- She has worked in various small animal practices within the UK and also as a primatology research Intern at a zoo in Chicago, USA
- She has a particular interest in diagnostic imaging and exotic pets. Mabel is in her second year of studying towards a higher certificate in medicine.
- She lives with her husband and one pet - a mischievous black rabbit named Reginald
Head Veterinary Nurse, RVN
- Natasha has been a nurse for 23 years
- Natasha heads our nursing team
- She particularly enjoys feline medicine and surgery
- Natasha owns numerous pets including 2 cats, 2 tortoises and 1 dog.
Senior Veterinary Nurse, RVN
- One of our senior nurses with 20 years at the AHT and here.
- A member of the British Sky Diving Team
- A keen cyclist and seasoned traveler
- One devoted Jack Russel rescue dog.
Veterinary Nurse, RVN
- Paige qualified as a registered veterinary nurse in July 2014
- She completed some of her training with us at Lida Vets and has been part of our team since 2011
- Paige enjoys the critical care part of nursing and her ambition is to specialise in this area. She also runs the weight clinics alongside Lola
- Paige has a cat, rehomed from Lida Vets, a bearded dragon, and a tortoise
Veterinary Nurse, VN
- Tracy has been nursing since 2001, initially in London and has been at Lida Vets since 2011
- She enjoys meeting our clients and is always happy to help. Tracy is also a qualified nutritional advisor and enjoys the variety of the job
- Tracy has a cat called Angus, who was rescued from Lida Vets, and lives with her husband
Student Veterinary Nurse
- Lola has been with us since September 2015 and is currently in her second year at the College of West Anglia studying a Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing
- She enjoys reading, spending time with family and friends and relaxing with her four cats, dog, chickens, guinea pig and rabbit
- Lola has a special interest in neonate cases and runs weight clinics alongside Paige
- She can not wait to be qualified!
- Joyce has been working at Lida Vets for 20 years
- She lives with her partner and Birman cat
- Joyce enjoys gardening, reading and spending time with her grandchildren
- Suzie is a Yorkshire girl and moved down to Newmarket in 2012. She lives with her husband and they have a XGSD/Malamute rescue dog called Mishka
- Suzie loves to travel and see the world especially The Far East
- She is a qualified Beauty Therapist which she practices now and again and her hobbies are anything creative such as sewing, restoration, and gardening
- Amanda is the newest member of the reception team
- She has always worked with animals including horses
- She owns a beautiful whippet called Peanut
- Also enjoys taking Peanut for long walks, and loves shopping.
- Helen has been working at Lida Vets since 2011
- She is mad about animals and shares her life with rabbits, cats, fish, horses, a dog, kids and a long-suffering husband!
- She enjoys being part of the team at Lida Vets!
- Lynn moved here from Cambridge
- She has many years of experience as a dog trainer
- She is friendly, full of life and ready to help
- She has 11 animals of her own.
9:00am - 7:00 pm Mon - Fri
9:00am - 1:00pm Saturdays
Sign up to our newsletter here